Durham Organic Gardeners is a local chapter of Canadian Organic Growers.
Do you love your garden (large or small)?
Would you like to learn information or share your knowledge about growing organically?
Would you like to meet friendly people who share your interest in safe, healthy growing practices?
Then come and join us!
Our club offers:
- A quarterly newsletter, filled with news and gardening tips
- Community gardens in Bowmanville and Pickering, with plots available for reasonable rent
- Occasional summer day trips to interesting places
- Library with lots of amazing books
- Butterfly garden in Oshawa
Plus, Canadian Organic Growers supports the following activities:
- Organic conferences—We are actively involved with the annual organic conference in Guelph, Ontario.
- Working with other organizations and government to achieve regulatory change (e.g. definition of organic food, certification).
- A quarterly magazine, The Canadian Organic Grower, provides the latest organic news and information, farming and gardening feature articles, plus regular columns.
- COG’s lending library is the only free mail service organic library in Canada. Borrow classic organic texts, periodicals and the latest publications.